Use of email to communicate with patients
Churchfields Medical practice is committed to offering email as a form of communication of non-clinical information for patients who choose this.
Limited information will be sent to patients via email. The following list covers the information that may be sent electronically.
- Annual recalls for health checks for patients in eligible categories
- Requests to contact the practice after test results
- Requests to contact the practice after telephone attempts have failed
- Invitations to participate in patient surveys
- Health promotion information to targeted groups (e.g. information about cancer screening programmes to patients in eligible age groups, flu clinic date to eligible patients)
- Urgent information about the practice as part of the contingency plan – for example an unforeseen closure due to fire
This is currently a one-way service, and the practice is not able to respond to email received from patients, outside the opportunities for e-communication provided on the practice website.
To consent for the practice to contact you in this way, please download this form and return it to the practice.